Tuesday, 23 April 2013

DEVELOPMENTAL WORKS

IDEA: Combine concept 1 and 2 together.


After made the mock up base on the development concepts above, I figure out it is hard to make curve shape, then I changed the design but still keeping the idea of combine 2 concepts.

Making different surface shapes and choose 2 round shapes at the end to make 1:5 scale mock ups
Because it still bend and not strong enough so i tried different joining methods

Joining top and bottom parts together through the piece in the middle (2 layers in the join)

Can only hold a cardboard's box

Joining 2 parts with the middle part that also have a joining part (3 layers in the join)

Can only hold a cardboard's box 

2 pieces of the middle joining both top and bottom parts (2 layers in the join)

Can only hold a cardboard's box

Put diagonal parts in the middle to create strength

Can hold a pair of pliers

1:2 scale mock up

After discussed with my teacher, I've chosen the one without the diagonal parts but make the middle piece shorter so it might be stronger. I might have to reduce the size of the seat surface to reduce the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment